Offer of visit & prices
Free admission and guided tour for disabled visitors and their companions, upon presentation of valid proof of identity (Mobility and Inclusion card for the French public), or a certificate from the organization (groups).
Whether you come in a group or individually, you can visit the castle, the lices and the basilica freely, at your own pace.
Free visit, book in advance
By booking your tickets in advance, you will have less waiting time. Children under 18 years of age receive free admission.
- 35 € for a group of 20 people
- 6 € per person
- 45 € for a group of 20 people
- 6 € per person
Conference visit: "Carcassonne, 2600 years of history
Visit adapted for visually impaired visitors in the castle and on the ramparts. With the help of a tactile booklet and relief maps, visitors understand the different periods of construction of the fortifications.
- Visit for groups of 5 to 20 people with disabilities: 35 €.
- Visits for individuals (from 5 people): 6 € / person (for children over 7 years old).
Guided tours at a distance
- 40 € per group.
Throughout the year, the educational service team offers young visitors activities on different themes: fun visits, discovery or thematic visits, half-day workshop visits devoted to history, architecture and art history.
Each of these activities can be adapted to the pedagogical projects of different groups including visually impaired children.
Support for the visit
Booklets in Braille and large print explaining the history of the city and its architecture, illustrated with plans and drawings in relief are available free of charge at the castle ticket office.
Good to know
- It is strongly recommended that disabled visitors be accompanied by an able-bodied person (the tour is vast and uneven).
- Guide dogs are allowed.
- It is necessary to provide an accompaniment for visually impaired people (no podotactile strips).
- Ramparts are not recommended for people who are very tired.
Parking & access
Reserved parking spaces
For individual visitors holding a GIG or GIC badge or a "European parking card", several reserved parking spaces are available in the Delteil parking lot, which is subject to a charge (free after 7:30 pm), opposite the entrance to the Cité.
For individual visitors, there is a drop-off point (bus stop) in front of the Cité's main entrance.